Description of Asthafen Tablet (Ketotifen)
- Asthafen Tablet is a prescription medicine.
- Moreover, it is important to stop signs of asthma.
- Besides, it aids in reducing the frequency and intensity of asthma attacks.
- It aids in regulating bronchial asthma.
- Also, it treats mild atopic asthma among kids.
- However, it does it by reducing swelling or pain inside the patient’s lungs.
- Kids below three years cannot use this drug.
- Moreover, Asthafen tablets are useful for curing allergic signs related to allergic rhinitis.
- These signs consist of red eyes, itchy eyes, and watery eyes.
- Besides, Asthafen treats sneezing, runny, itchy nose, and nasal congestion.
Working Mechanism of Asthafen
- This medicine in oral form can cure anaphylaxis and asthma.
- Asthafen Tablet is also helpful for ophthalmic uses in the condition of conjunctivitis.
- Moreover, this acts as an antihistamine medicine.
- Asthafen stops the natural chemical histamine too.
- Besides, it helps mast cells. These cells are behind allergic reactions.
What does Asthafen contain?
- Asthafen tablets carry Ketotifen as their active recipe.
- It is in the ratio of one milligram per pill.
- However, the tablet is present in different potencies too.
The way to use the Asthafen pill
- You must take this tablet orally.
- However, a user can take it two –times each day.
- Moreover, the patient need not damage Asthafen by chewing or crushing it.
- However, you want to eat it daily so that it shows results.
- Besides, a user must not miss its dose.
- However, a patient must not give up practicing different asthma drugs unless a physician advises.
- Also, Asthafen can dispense drowsiness effects.
- However, the doctor will slowly increase the dosage in the first week.
- They do so to reduce these sleepiness effects.
- Moreover, the drug can use up many weeks to offer its full gains.
- But, its benefits come to notice usually in ten weeks.
- Then your GP can gradually reduce the prescription of other drugs for Asthma.
- They do it after you use the Asthafen for 2-3 months.
- Besides, you need to go by the advice of your GP strictly.
- Maybe you miss a dose of Asthafen by chance.
- However, you eat it when you remember.
- In case the time is coming for your regular amount, skip the forgotten dose.
- However, you must resume your usual dosing routine.
- Never take two pills to compensate for the forgotten tablet.
- Perhaps you overdose on the pill of Asthafen.
- However, you must immediately tell your physician.
- Besides, ring up an ambulance so that you get immediate medical attention.
- Also, an overdose on Asthafen can start reactions.
- However, signs of overdose are:
- Unusual drowsiness
- Loss of consciousness
- Hyperexcitability (especially in children), rapid heart rate
Before using Asthfen
- Several medications are not right for persons having some conditions.
- Moreover, at times a remedy can be useful in case more care is necessary.
- Therefore, before you begin the Asthafen regime, tell your doctor necessarily.
- They must know:
- Maybe you are an expecting mother.
- Perhaps you are breastfeeding.
- Or you want to conceive a baby.
- Maybe users are having an issue with the working of their liver.
- Or you are ill with a kidney condition.
- Perhaps you have a disease that increases pressure inside your eyes. It is glaucoma.
- Maybe you are sick with a prostate issue.
- Or you are dealing with any problem passing pee.
- Possibly you are aware of the blockage inside your small intestines.
- Perhaps you are fighting epilepsy.
- Maybe you are ill with innate blood problem porphyria.
- Perhaps you are using any other remedy. Maybe you are using medicines without a prescription.
- Possibly you ever had suffered from an allergy to any medication.
Use Some Similar medicine to Treat Asthma:
- MEDROL (METHYLPREDNISOLONE)
- KETOSTERIL (AMINO ACIDS)
- ASTHALIN 2MG (SALBUTAMOL)
- ACTO PRED 4MG (METHYLPREDNISOLONE)
- Below is a list showing possible reactions.
- However, these side effects can take place from the composing constituents of Asthafen.
- There can be more side effects than listed below.
- However, these reactions can happen.
- But, they do not always take place.
- However, several reactions can be uncommon.
- But they are very much severe.
- Therefore, you must at once tell your physician if you note any side effect.
- Moreover, you are cautious if reactions do not leave.
- However, these side effects are:
- Eye irritation
- Punctate Keratitis
- Eye pain
- Inability to sleep
- Bladder infection
- Dry mouth
- Changes in your weight
- You must tell your GP about the medications.
- Moreover, you tell them about herbal supplements over the counter drugs.
- Besides, notify your physician about the vitamins you are taking.
- However, you must notice below precautions:
- After eating Asthafen, you must not drive.
- You cannot operate machinery after taking Asthafen.
- Maybe you are a breastfeeding woman.
- Or you are trying to conceive a baby.
- You be cautious if you are consuming remedies for allergy or depression.
- You must take Asthafen after five minutes before taking any drug.
- Asthafen Tablet can start an interaction with other medications.
- Therefore, you must take precautions and be careful.
- However, the drugs with which Asthafen interacts are below:
- Oral Anti-diabetic Agents